Last Updated: September 26, 2023
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
When you use our Website or interact with our Services, Finite Carbon may collect and use your personal information, which is information that identifies you, whether directly or indirectly, or relates to you as an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include de-identified information where your identity cannot be ascertained or business contact information. Finite Carbon will collect personal information from you directly and automatically as outlined below.
A. Information We Collect From You When You Use Our Website
- Apply for employment: When you apply for employment with Finite Carbon, we will collect from you your identifiers (name, email address, full address, and telephone number) and your professional or employment information (resume, cover letter, employment history, and educational history). We will also collect from you your sensitive personal information (gender, ethnicity, disability status, and veteran status). However, you have the absolute right to decline to answer these questions by selecting the “Decline to Answer” option. We use this personal information to assess and manage your application with Finite Carbon, to communicate with you, and as necessary to comply with the law. We partner with BambooHR for employment application services. For more information regarding sharing your information with BambooHR, please see HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
- Contact us: When you contact us, we collect from you your identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, job title, company name, and zip code) and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you may have with the Website or the Services.
- Agree to Marketing: When you opt-in to receiving marketing communication from Finite Carbon, we will collect from you your identifiers (name, email address, company, community, organization, affiliation, job title, and/or location). We use this personal information to send you email communications about Finite Carbon, marketing materials, upcoming events, and any other information we think you may be interested in, as well as to facilitate registration for events. You can unsubscribe to these emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the footer of the emails. Our communications contain tracking technologies to analyze whether a predefined action took place by a recipient, such as opening our communications, in order to better adapt and distribute our communications. When you opt-in to our marketing communications, you are opting into the use of these technologies. You can disable tracking by disabling the display of images by default in your email program.
B. Information We Collect From You Outside Of Our Website and How We Use It
- You attend a Finite Carbon event or program: When you attend a Finite Carbon event or program, with your consent we may collect your name and/or take interviews, photos, other electronic images, videos (digital or otherwise), audio or visual recordings, of you or your likeness. We use this personal information for a variety of lawful purposes including, but not limited to, to highlight the event, promote similar Finite Carbon events in the future, exhibit the capabilities of Finite Carbon, for publicity, illustration, commercial art, in the advertising of products or services, for use in publications (including web-based publications), Finite Carbon’s website, and social media platforms.
- You sign a Photo/Media Consent and Release Form: When you sign a Photo/Media Consent and Release Form, we may collect your name and/or take interviews, photos, other electronic images, videos (digital or otherwise), audio or visual recordings, of you or your likeness. We use this personal information for a variety of lawful purposes including, but not limited to, publicity, illustration, commercial art, in the advertising of products or services, for use in publications (including web-based publications), Finite Carbon’s website, and social media platforms.
Finite Carbon may also use your personal information collected for the above purposes to comply with the law and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
C. Information Collected Automatically and How We Use It
In addition to the personal information you provide, we also collect information automatically via cookies as you use our Website. This information includes your:
- Usage information: We use essential, performance, and analytics cookies to collect information about your interaction with our Website, such as what you access, what you click on, the frequency of access, and how much time you spend on the Website. We use this information to: (i) track you within the Website; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) conduct analytics to improve the Website; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; and (v) diagnosis and repair Website errors, and, in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Device information: We use essential, performance, and analytics cookies to collect certain information about the device you use to access the Website, such as hardware model, operating system, and device preferences. We use this information to: (i) track you within the Website; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) conduct analytics to improve the Website; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; and (v) diagnosis and repair Website errors, and, in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Location information: We use essential, performance, and analytics cookies to collect information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address. We use this information to: (i) track you within the Website; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) conduct analytics to improve the Website; (iv) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; and (v) diagnosis and repair Website errors, and, in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
Particular cookies to note for our Website visitors include:
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- With Finite Carbon corporate family: Where necessary, we may share your personal information within Finite Carbon and our corporate family, in order to efficiently carry out our business including for marketing and promotional purposes, internal training, employment-related purposes, to administer the Website and Services, and to sell or otherwise promote Finite and its products or services, and to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- With service providers: We may share your personal information with our service providers that assist us in providing the Website and/or our Services. These service providers include our IT support, applicant/hiring platform provider, website host, public relations agency, and communications provider.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our organization, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets, we would share your personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share your personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- Where you have consented: We may share your personal information where you have expressly consented to the disclosure.
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by Finite, its affiliates and/or its service providers in countries outside of the country you reside, including the United States and Canada, for the purposes set out above, and accordingly, may be accessible to courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of those other countries.
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHOICES
- All session cookies are temporary and expire after you close your web browser. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device, and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/. Please note that each web browser is different. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, click on the appropriate browser: Firefox, Firefox IOS, Firefox Android, Safari, Safari Mobile, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera. To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s Website. If you reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, some features of our Website may not function properly. If you choose to opt out, we will place an “opt-out cookie” on your computer. The “opt-out cookie” is browser specific and device specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for essential cookies. If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return and update your preferences.
- Opt Out of Online Advertising. Some of the companies that provide advertising services on our Services may participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers with choices about whether to receive tailored ads that are based on your online activities. To learn more and to opt out of such targeted advertising from participating companies, please visit the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance. To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them). Your opt out only applies to the web browser you use, so you must opt out of each web browser on each device you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt out again.
- Google Analytics. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics which can be found here.
- NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. However, you can submit a request to opt-out of future sales by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include “Opt-Out Request Under Nevada Law” in the subject line of your message.
- CANADA RESIDENTS
If you reside in Canada you have certain additional rights. Canadian residents may be able to withdraw consent, request more information about Finite’s or its affiliates’ processing or use of service providers, ask questions, express concerns, or obtain access and update or correction of personal data. Requests may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DO NOT TRACK
We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) requests. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform the Website that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures that we implement.
- AGE RESTRICTION
The Website is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a user under the age of eighteen (18) without verification of parental/guardian consent, we will delete that information.
Finite Carbon Corporation
435 Devon Park Drive
Wayne, PA 19087 email@example.com